International students can apply to study at HSE for free through full-tuition scholarships.Â This merit-based scholarship will completely waive all tuition fees for selectÂ full-degree Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes at HSE. In addition to free study, international students awarded government scholarships also receive a monthly stipend and can live at HSE dormitories for a discounted rate.
Applicants are invited to apply for scholarships after they have been accepted into the programmes that they wish to join.
To apply for a scholarship, please complete theÂ scholarship application form and submit the documents it requires toÂ [email protected].
If you have not already submitted the following documents as part of your application package, please also include the following documents:
Applications and supplements must be either in English or Russian.
- â€”Â Â Completed and signed application form in English with a photo in the upper right-hand corner (3×4 cm, color or black-and-white)
- â€”Â Â Letter of motivation describing why you chose the program and your professional aspirations (1 page maximum)
- â€”Â Â Scan of most recent diploma. If your diploma is not in English or Russian, you must also submit a translation into either language
- â€”Â Â Two letters of recommendation in English or Russian (at least one from someone familiar with your academic work)
- â€”Â Â Resume (CV), including awards, publications, etc.
If you have not yet received your bachelorâ€™s diploma at the time of submission, you can send an official academic transcript (with grades) that reflects the entire period that you have studied at that institution.Â
Please send all of the above to [email protected].
Application period: January 1 â€“ May 15, 2015
We encourage you to apply as early as possible, after you have been accepted to a HSE programme.
How it works
Applications are processed on a rolling basis and can be submitted at any time during the application period. Within two weeks of your submission, we will send an acknowledgment of receipt. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of sending, pleaseÂ contact us.
Application submissions: rolling (starting January 1, 2015)
Application deadline: May 15, 2015
Decisions released: end of May 2015
Acceptance of scholarship due: June 15, 2015
*Programmes in European Business, International Business, and International Relations in Eurasia, as well as those through the International College of Economics and Finance, are not eligible for this scholarship.
HSE Scholarships and Stipends